Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!
Yay, harlequins!!!! :neckbeard:

Mason been with us since he was 6 months old, and he's three now. Big dogs are the best, there's nothing like a big dog hug. :3: Have a photo dump. :D

Mason on my bed. This is a queen size bed by the way:

Scritching his face.

Long dog is long...

It's amazing how small such a big dog can curl up. :3:

I ARE DISTINGUISHED!!

Wut?

Hellooooooo...

Pet...me...

YAWN

Wearing my Dad's XL sweatshirt. He needed to hold the bone so I could get a good picture.

Mason decided he wanted to be with Daddy in the papasan chair. My Dad's 6'1'', for the curious.

Dad was sitting cross-legged on the floor for this one, when Mason wanted a hug.

I posted these two in the "Post pictures of your pet on your keyboard" thread. Uberdog was a little big for it. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Yep, Danes are great as pups. Sleep for 4-6 hours, poop, eat, poop again, then play for 30-45 minutes, then sleep for another 4-6 hours. When Ozzie's in a growth spurt, he'll go to work and not leave the couch from 8am to 4:30pm or so (excepting meals, treats, and trips outside), then get up and want to wrassle everyone in the building for about an hour, then go home and sleep some more. They're really low maintenance, and they not super demanding.

This is very true. Most of the time Mason just wants to cuddle. People always talk about how big he is and hard it must be to care for a big dog, but he's just not that big to me anymore. A lot of time I just look at him and go, "Well, he could be bigger".

Here he is in a cuddling mood:

One interesting thing about him that I found out by accident was that he goes absolutely BERSERK when I say the word "comfortable". He also does the same thing with "convertible". I've tried it in different vocal tones, and it's definitely the words that get him excited. I just keep telling him that whatever he thinks I'm saying, I'm not saying it. :3:

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!

Skizzles posted:

More dane pics! :allears:

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

STERETCHHHHHHH.

My first year down here, we had a HUGE snowstorm. Made walking the dog quite interesting...

My rear end is cold...

What's with all the cold white stuff?

The best part was how he would bunny hop through the snow, until he hit a big snow drift and get buried to his shoulders. Poor thing. :3:

And have a couple of my sister with the Moo-Cow Dog!!!

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!
You guys aren't the only people who get the dalmatian thing. Every time I take Mason out I get the "He's a dalmatian, right?". The best though are the little kids who insist on running up to him going, "It's a firedog!!!". :3:

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

It's the only reasonable thing to do. Having a Dane obligates you to get a Harlequin, for contrast, and so you can have the fun of explaining that no, it's not a really big Dalmatian. :colbert:

Man, the number of time I've gotten that question. The best ones are from the little kids, "IT'S A FIREDOG!!!". I don't have the heart to tell them that he isn't one. :3:

Also good to know I'm not the only one with a dog that does the "I'm inside and empty so I must run around like crazy right NOW!". The best is when he gets tired of running at the end,so he lays down, rolls on his side, and turns into a big snoring puddle of dog in about 15 seconds flat.

(I like playing tug of war with him in the kitchen because he can't get any purchase and just slides everywhere. Makes me feel invincible, since he can usually pull my rear end clear across the carpet. Your video when he goes onto the wood floor reminded me of that. You should be thankful he didn't slide too badly and take out something expensive, like a gigantic dog bowling ball.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!

Veruca Salt posted:

Sunday was like this too, and we started mixing the dry food with water instead of wet food and she likes that. She won't touch food that's completely dry. We mix in wet food sometimes, too, especially when she goes through phases where her appetite drops off for a short periods of time, but I'd highly recommend switching your dog off of Alpo. They make high quality wet foods that aren't that expensive. One of Sunday's favorites is made by Evanger's-- we get her the Pheasant flavor, and it's almost 100% pheasant. Good for supplementing but it's not a complete diet.

Mason is the same way. Dry food, he won't touch for hours (I guess he really starts to feel like he's starving and figures out that nobody's adding anything to it). Add a little water, he'll stand there and eat the whole thing in one go. Some dogs just don't like dry food I guess.

Bonus pic for the dorkiest thing he's ever done. He wanted to sit next to my Dad, but also wanted to be in a better position to chew his bone. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, all I had on me at the time.