Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
I don't think we ever took our ridgeback and rottweiler to the beach but they were regularly bathed in the shower - to the point where mum once turned on the shower, got undressed and when she turned back, both dogs were sitting in the shower waiting patiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
My stepsister-in-law and her partner have a Bouv! He's stunningly gorgeous and a giant teddy. They picked him up from the only breeder in the country after Xmas and brought him to our family NYE party. He lay down, and slowly rolled into the pool, shook it off like it was no thang.

He started off the size of their poodle/kelpie disaster dog and can now place his head on the dining table without reaching.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

clarabelle posted:

Great Dane trying and failing to deal with a slippery floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDTiId-RuS4

I love how this giant of a dog is considered a puppy by dane standards

:3: She just meeeelllllttts off the chair and has her head off the floor like "What. I'm awake."

So gorgeous. Loving these big dogs.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

Seeing those sad dogs reminds me of a Great Dane I met once. I was volunteering at the clinic of the local humane society. A dane came in because her tail needed to be docked. Why? Because she would break open her tail by hitting it on things. She did this so often at her foster mom's house that she described it as "a CSI crime scene". So, I got to watch a dane tail get docked. I thought it was pretty interesting, but a little sad because she was such a pretty girl and now she would look silly. I'm sure she got adopted right away.

Oh, and I remember that the foster mom said she was surrendered because her previous owners didn't like the color of her fur against their fancy new carpet or something. Then why get a dog at all??

If your dog doesn't match your carpet, you get new carpet!