Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fnif
Apr 21, 2007
xDm
The great dane look absolutely fabulous.

What is the limit of giant breed?

Our giant schnauzers are quite small compared to danes, but often hear kids telling how big the dog is (I still see them as small puppies disregarding their age)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnif
Apr 21, 2007
xDm

Misanthrope posted:

My wife and I always joke around that if you have to bend down even slightly to pet it, it's not a giant breed.

That 2nd pic, you must have been cleaning up sand in your house for days.

Hah, I've also joked that it ain't a dog if you have to bend down to pet it. I've always preferred the bigger breeds.

Actually it came off rather nicely after it dried. Couple of head shakes and that's it.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh god, I love giant schnauzers (and schnauzers in general). The farm I used to take horseback riding lessons at had a couple of them. How do you deal with that coat?

Coat is quite easy in my opinion. Twice a year strip the top coat and cut rest down with a machine. Maybe using some furminator and/or coat king in between.

Kerfuffle posted:

Aw geez I love the shape of their face flooff. :3: I'll be immensely impressed if you handstrip a dog that large yourself.

Actually my wife does the trimming, but yeah she does handstrip it. Actually she does it also for her parents and her sisters dogs. They are giant schnauzers too.

Here's our boy in his show coat.

fnif
Apr 21, 2007
xDm
Couple of videos of our gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gMxJpXINfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCFuy0slvKY