Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh man oh man that is really cute puppy face. :3: That spotty nose is too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

fnif posted:

The great dane look absolutely fabulous.

What is the limit of giant breed?

Our giant schnauzers are quite small compared to danes, but often hear kids telling how big the dog is (I still see them as small puppies disregarding their age)

Aw geez I love the shape of their face flooff. :3: I'll be immensely impressed if you handstrip a dog that large yourself.

And yes more leonberger and borzoi pics in here oh please oh please. As an unrelated sidenote I always wholesomely approve of mythology-based names for pets. <3

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Luckily it sounds like your parents got a less drivey dog. The snapping at the kid is hardly surprising. Glad he's in a good understanding home now. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Beach Bum posted:

Is... is that a LABRADOR that won't SWIM? :psyduck:

It's not as uncommon as you'd think. Labs are pretty overbred in the US.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Serious question, what would happen if you got him fixed anyway? I mean, are they going to take him back? If they wanted to breed him then he isn't of much use neutered. I guess I'm just wondering what the consequences the contract is binding you to if you don't follow it.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Windy posted:

I love Newfs at this age, they feel like baby alpacas...so soft! I can't help but run my hands through the fur of all the baby newfs at our club meetings. How long did it take for you to find a breeder? I've finally found one that will communicate with me regularly after over a year of searching. There are puppies due this week, and hopefully I've made it onto the list because I'm tired of waiting :(

You need to get one because rabbit and newfie pictures. Good luck!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Maybe you could try's Super's calorie dog treat things? I'll try to find the post somewhere.

e: pet nurtrition megathread yayy

quote:

Superconsndar posted:

10 pounds cheap-rear end ground beef
10 eggs with shells
1 big huge box of total, crushed
1 pound of ground flax
1 pound of coconut oil (I heat it a bit since it's usually too solid to mix at room temperature)
1 pound wheat germ
1 container of Solid Gold Seameal. (If you can't find this, or if it's too expensive, you can substitute with about a pound of kelp powder.)
1 jar of blackstrap molasses (or just plain unsulfured molasses, if you can't find blackstrap)
10 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin

Mix all that up in a big tub, form into fist-size (or smaller if you have a small dog) balls, and freeze. I've tried a ton of satin ball recipe variations over the years and that's the recipe I've finally settled on, it seems to work the best. It's the only thing I'll feed with wheat in it, because that poo poo works.

I usually feed one ball per-dog about twice a week in addition to their regular food. That's just for general supplementation though, you'd want to feed more for weight gain probably.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 27, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Those freckles are too cute for words. More pictures. :colbert:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Bwahaha I was waiting all day to see those ears. They are everything I hoped for. Poor dude though, bet they're itchy.

His coat is so pretty~

vv: show crop, required part of their contract with the breeder.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 11, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I love how "fluffy afro" is a breed trait of a dog. Newphies. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
what a good old man dog :3: best old man dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle