Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Oh god I want a giant breed dog :3:

I have three cats so would have to do lots of planning. My new partner's on board with the idea of a great dane so its not impossible anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

:3:

My partner and I are looking at possibly buying a house together and i'm hoping once we've settled us and the cats in we can get a dog, and I love the large breeds!

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Poor Sunday being given a male voice, she's so stunning now though :3:

I'm off to a pet show in a few weeks to hopefully buy loads of cat and gerbil merchandise I dont really need, and i'm planning on admiring the dogs there although there aren't enough big breeds there for my liking

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

MREBoy posted:

Vet appointment still set for Tuesday, for further checking up and neutering.

How's did Koda's vet visit go?

And do any of you have new photos of monster-sized dogs to share?

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

That Borzoi's gorgeous :3:

I went to a country fair/dog show in Wiltshire a few weekends back and got talking to a woman from a great dane rescue about fostering when we're moved and settled into the new house.

I also fell in love with a herd of Leonbergers, i've always thought they looked lovely dogs but not spent much time with them before.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I love all these dogs :3:

I've been talking to a Newfoundland breeder 250 miles from me who's done her very best to scare me off getting one, which I appreciate! She has a 4 week old litter of pups at the mo and i'm potentially going to visit them soon.

The mum's hip scores are 8, the dad's are 15. Both have elbow scores of 1 (I believe that applies to Dad too), That seems pretty good, right? They have a Cardiologist who visits yearly to test them too.

I may just have to pass on this litter and wait till next year though as I'm buying a house and havent got a completion date yet - so 4 weeks till puppy arrives doesnt give me wriggle room

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

My friends and I have all rented a cottage in Wales for New Year and we took their 5 1/2 stone lab to the beach where a 6 month old Bernese mountain puppy took a shine to us :3: he was lovely but bigger than the Labrador already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Good Amy :3: