Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Daaaaamn that dog is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've met very few danes that don't get along with cats, so at least you've chosen an easy breed to integrate from the dog side.

Honey the Great Dane's blog has some valuable posts about the process of integrating their new kitten with their dane. This is a great one, also try browsing the 'Muesli' tag.

And of course there are photos like this. :3:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Serella posted:

:stare: Why have I never before seen pictures of your beautiful skinnydogs?

Every time vstheworld posts I cry a little inside that I can't have all the hounds.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Skizzles posted:

I dropped by my shelter today to deliver delicious donuts to the employees (if you ever have a spare moment to do this, do it, it makes their day). Of course I perused the dog kennels, and I came upon this dog:

She's a white Dane, and she's deaf. Poor girl, if only I had the time/space/money for a big, deaf dog. :smith:

edit: vvv Awesome. :3:

Aww, she's gorgeous. Given her appearance and her deafness she's probably a double merle.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Veruca Salt posted:

It's funny that you ask about the too skinny comment-- my mother, who is mad at me about God knows what and is very passive aggressive by nature, just posted on my Facebook yesterday out of the blue about how thin Sunday is and how she looks anorexic. Which maybe she does, if you put her next to my mother's obese dogs. :rolleyes: Thanks, Mom, for implying I don't take care of my dog you've never met! Other than that, people do occasionally talk about her being very thin, but never anyone who's familiar with Danes.

I will definitely take pictures of Sunday's ears in a knot this weekend! Is that weird? I thought all Danes had such ginormous ears!

You should explain how they're more like beefy, doofy greyhounds than fattyfat mastiffs.

I want a Dane. :(

ETA Also I want a greyhound. Abby is the most beautiful creature.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
They're much lighter built than some people expect though. More on the greyhound end of the big dawg spectrum than the mastiff end.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Yeah, that's just stupid... I dunno why you'd want to do that, it seems like asking for trouble.

Also the lighter ones are way more aesthetically pleasing IMO. Like how I prefer deerhounds over wolfhounds. :)

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Ahhh Newfie :3: There's a man in my neighbourhood who has two of them, it makes me squeal every time I see him. Small man walking two middle-sized BEARS.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Boru posted:

As if saying that some floors are perpetually slippery, or that research was done on Danes that dwell on icebergs? :psyduck:

Some people have tiled floors throughout their houses, or polished floorboards. I guess the solution is easy though; rugs. :)

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Oh cool. :) Is she a Komondor? Are the clothes to help with drying or for some other reason?

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Holy crap she is beautiful. :3:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Usually you measure from the ground to the top of their shoulder.

Seeing Shanti pictures makes me want a Newf so bad. I love big durfy cuddly slobber dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

crowtribe posted:

On the topic of Dogos, they're completely banned in Australia (along with a few others, too).

I've never even heard of a Japanese Tosa or fila Brasileiro.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/num_reg_es/ciar200432004n121566.html

Also, no pibbles whatsoever.

No pibbles except for the ones dual registered as amstaffs that get imported from the US, and all the pibbles already in Qld and NT being bred for pigging. :colbert: But yeah government those sure are some effective and worthwhile laws.