Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
One time, I decided it was time for Max to learn how to swim.

(Max)

I picked him up and marched out into the lake until the water was up to Max's head, and I let go.

He turned for shore and industriously doggy-paddled right for it, ran right up onto the beach, and hunkered down so I couldn't pick him up again.

He never swam before, and never swam again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Get Sunday another kitten.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Hempuli posted:

Anyway, I just started wondering if there are people here with similar experiences; is diabetes a common disease in large dogs (or perhaps just tibetan mastiffs)? What did you do in a situation like this, and did your dog do well despite losing his/her eyesight?

Oh dear.

My black lab Max got diabetes, and it tore him apart within a few months. As long as your boy's on insulin and everything stays normal, I wouldn't worry too much. If he starts having seizures or spells where he wanders around aimlessly, things are getting bad. As far as getting around, Max never had a problem short of the very end, and his cataracts had gotten awful. He could almost catch an ice cube right up to the last days.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmDHO9rLGY

Aussie exceeds newfoundland in fetching ability.

You have fluff and huggableness. We have the dog-fetched beer. :colbert:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

i can't stop admiring this heffalump

send help

or a leonberger

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un37JJXoobA

I found this in ages past and I finally found it again.

bear

also the "giant dog stepped on my sternum" noise seems to be an international standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I saw a LEONBERGER at the vet today! I got to pet her for 3 whole minutes and I still want one so bad.

I wish I'd taken a picture.