Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

E: I'm editting this to include, danes getting vicious is a really, really rare thing. the fact that Bigfoot hurt somebody is just.. I mean, there's so few instances of great danes using their mouths to hurt anything it's incredible.

When I was pretty young, 4-6 or so (and I was a pretty teensy kid), our neighbors across the street had a great dane who I would say hi to one time. Apparently this individual great dane was one of the biggest (or the biggest?) in the States (at the time, maybe, and I'm just going off what my mom told me). Anyway, I went to say hi to him with my mom one time and he took my head in his mouth. Like a ball. His owner kept say "Sai! Drop it! Drop the ball, Sai!". He did and we were still friends :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

I've been walking this guy at the shelter lately. He's a big boy :3:. I see why you people like these dogs, even if his personality doesn't really suit me (he's a bit shy and standoffish, but cute!).

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
There were three landseer newfie puppies (5 months) at the shelter today. Too cute for words :3:

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

uptown posted:

I have NEVER seen a Newfie at a shelter here. I spent two years creeping the Edmonton Humane Society's website, even when I wasn't in a position to get a dog, and not once did I see a Newf. I also follow a few local rescues on Facebook and didn't see any there, either. If I had, I would have adopted one in a heartbeat.

They were listed as Newf/Berner mixes, but they're not online so unfortunately no photos. I'm at Toronto Animal Services where we get a ton of dogs from just all over.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Got a pic of one of the newfy mutt puppies at the shelter right now :3:. Big fuzzy doofus.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

unprofessional posted:

Can't find a better thread to ask, does anybody know a breeder of working komondors? I am in need of a livestock guardian dog.

Where are you located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Petey posted:

Are there any newf owners here? Never had a pet, thinking about starting down the road and would like to learn more (or learn more about how to learn more).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3408341&userid=152036 < goon who has (had?) a newfie