Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
I hope the goon with the Leonberger comes and posts pics. I love those dogs so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
Good lord, that's a giant bunny. Are they potty trained? Because I can't imagine a non-potty trained bunny on the bed :gonk:

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
Aww, what a cutie. Not trying to start an argument here, but I thought that Kuvasz dogs made terrible indoor pets and had snippy temperaments?

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
I'm seeing more mastiff in there? Or am I crazy

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
But wasn't mastiff blood used to make the great dane? I mean that your dog looks more mastiff-y than the American danes.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
I'm sorry Veruca :( Sunday will be fine though :)

I haven't been following this thread a whole lot. Why does Sunday need Gastropexy and what is it?

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
Aren't all big dogs at risk of bloat? Or is it just the large ones with big chest cavities, which can cause the stomach to twist? Or also for any dog that eats too quickly? I guess I don't understand how exactly it happens. When I worked at the kennel, we had a dane that boarded who had to eat her food elevated. In addition, we soaked it in very hot water (of course waiting a while before giving it to her) and then added wet food. Is this part of the procedure to prevent bloat or just an owner's feeding preference?

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
Seeing those sad dogs reminds me of a Great Dane I met once. I was volunteering at the clinic of the local humane society. A dane came in because her tail needed to be docked. Why? Because she would break open her tail by hitting it on things. She did this so often at her foster mom's house that she described it as "a CSI crime scene". So, I got to watch a dane tail get docked. I thought it was pretty interesting, but a little sad because she was such a pretty girl and now she would look silly. I'm sure she got adopted right away.

Oh, and I remember that the foster mom said she was surrendered because her previous owners didn't like the color of her fur against their fancy new carpet or something. Then why get a dog at all??

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed

tboeske01 posted:

The following are of my English Mastiff Houdinie.

Is this Houdinie's own chair? I would like to think you got it just for him :3:

I went to my local shelter yesterday to drop off a cat trap. The gal at the front desk was busy so I went to take a look at the animals (always a mistake because I leave feeling sad for not saving someone). There were 3 HUGE (yes, they would be huge but keep in mind I have a 3.5 lb chihuahua and 9 lb shih-tzu/maltese) St. Bernards, all in a row. They had two runs (the ones behind them had their barriers up) for each of them. They were so filthy! Their paperwork said they were all strays so my guess is they all decided to go have an adventure together. They all seemed very friendly.

Someday I want to have a giant dog. I really like bullmastiffs and leonbergers. But I will have to wait until Apple passes away because he would not tolerate that :downs:

As for the discussion earlier about the appeal of small dogs...I can't really say why I like them. I don't like all little dogs. For example, I don't like jack russels because they are too hyper. I guess I just like something that is small and likes to cuddle. Plus they just look cute to me.

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
Wow, he is really skinny. Poor guy, so many problems. Is there something going on with that eye too? He deserves an amazing home :smith:

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
I love borzois. When I was a child I would spend hours studying all the dog breed encyclopedias I could get my hands on, and I always thought they were the most magnificent breed ever. I have yet to see one in person...I would love to pet one to see what their coat feels like :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
He looks wonderful!! I hope you guys keep him :3: