Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

One time, I decided it was time for Max to learn how to swim.

(Max)

I picked him up and marched out into the lake until the water was up to Max's head, and I let go.

He turned for shore and industriously doggy-paddled right for it, ran right up onto the beach, and hunkered down so I couldn't pick him up again.

He never swam before, and never swam again.

Is... is that a LABRADOR that won't SWIM? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Bahunter22 posted:

I had an Old English Sheep Dog when I was a kid that was enormous. We took him to one of the neighborhood ponds one evening and there was a guy there chucking a tennis ball into the pond for his dog. Ebenezer decided it looked like fun and booked it. It was like watching a 5 ton Buick part the waters. It. Was. Awesome.

I can't stop laughing

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Oh god it's made of floof :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rebounded posted:

Somewhat related - I've been trying to figure out what vehicle seats 2 + great dane + husky + bully mix. Would just give it up and get a molester cargo van, but we like to play offroad in the desert, and up in the mountains in the snow. 4wd and clearance a must.

Not like this (back of a Chevy Malibu).

Maybe a 4x4 Econovan...

Old school Land Rover?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

This was from earlier this evening. He's had about 2 weeks of good feeding.

Oh my god that is the doofiest face :swoon:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

The Halogens posted:

From when she was teething a few months ago.

So nice of you to have so many chewtoys under that table for her to gnaw on during the teething phase :v:

Gawd that is a goofy face :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

BrianM87 posted:

This is Athena. She's a 10 week old Bernese Mountain Dog and is positively adorable. My wife and I are looking forward to raising her and seeing just how big she's going to get.

Those feet and legs are comically large. Good luck feeding the beast.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I don't see MB on the last few pages so I probably haven't posted him.

This is M.B., which is short for "Mama's Boy". He is a 6.5yo Chocolate Lab, and I hope that qualifies for BIG OL DOG. While he is great with other people, cats, and other dogs, my girlfriend says that I am absolutely his favorite person ever and that he is totally devoted to me. He sleeps on my bed, but only when I'm in it, and if I'm home, he is generally in the same room as me.

I love him very very much and I am so glad I finally brought him home to live with me this year, even though he had his mom and a swimming pool at my parents place.

Here we have mealtime. He gets 1/4c of hot water over his kibble most meals, to make it smell and taste better. He is also super excited about food ever since he went on a strict 3c/day diet to get him under 80 pounds. He is much leaner, much faster, and will live a longer, healthier life for it. Now that he is under 80, he is starting to get nice things like bacon grease subbed for the water, :siren: loving MILKBONES :siren: (he LOVES milkbones), and meat trimmings.
Mealtime is :staredog: VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS :staredog: but he always waits until Dad says "Okay" before digging in, because he is a Very Good Boy. I have no idea how that tail isn't a fuckin' blur in this picture.

This was the best I could do from the kitchen with a cellphone camera. He was just TOO ADORABLE not to get a picture. Behind him is SqueakyPig, Most Sacred of Toys, which he will retrieve by name when asked.

This is what I usually see when I'm at the sink prepping dinner.

Also: BALL IS LOVE, BALL IS LIFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hugo_oGnVc

Edit: Yes, he is missing part of his lower right canine. He broke it off chewing rocks or sticks or something, as Labrador do. He has absolutely no discomfort from it that I or the vet can ascertain, so we have decided to leave it be until it becomes a problem.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 2, 2020

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Working from home can be tough...

No sprawl like Dane sprawl :allears:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
We have taken to enjoying the sun in the midday hours

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Which one always lies?

They're Danes. They both lie, everywhere, on everyone :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

If you put a star on the hat, gave her a couple wraps of tinsel, and hung an ornament or two from her collar, she could be the christmas tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I didn't know they made tauntauns in shorthair