Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It looks as if she's keeping her weight off that left hind leg a bit more than the right to me. And when she's walking it's very.. she looks sore to me, honestly. Notsoape?

I have to agree, she seem to slightly favor her right hind leg over her left, almost like the left might be bothering her but not enough to make her actually want to stop playing. She's adorable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
I had an Old English Sheep Dog when I was a kid that was enormous. We took him to one of the neighborhood ponds one evening and there was a guy there chucking a tennis ball into the pond for his dog. Ebenezer decided it looked like fun and booked it. It was like watching a 5 ton Buick part the waters. It. Was. Awesome.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Veruca Salt posted:

I am absolutely determined to make my next dog an Old English Sheep Dog. The few encounters I've had with them make them seem amazing, but what's it like to own one?

He was the coolest dog ever. Really laid back and sweet. He loved kids and let them climb all over him and never got snippy with anyone. I will say though that because he was a herding breed he was protective when my brother, sister and I were with a group of friends. In those situations he would literally herd the three of us into a group and circle or stand between us and the rest of the kids just out of instinct. Of course we could cross the line but after a while he would try again but he was never mean about it. It was just what he thought he was supposed to be doing. We had a backyard camp out one time for my birthday and I was in the tent with all of the other girls. He walked in nervous circles around the tent all night because he couldn't get to me. He didn't get upset or try to get into the tent by digging or anything, he just wanted to be able to do his thing.

He was smart though and would open the locked sliding glass doors when we left the house and turn the backyard hose on to play. He also had an obsession with sleeping on the love seat when he thought no one was home. He was slobbery, as to be expected, and his tongue was always out, awake or asleep. We also kept his coat pretty short (except for his face, gotta keep the fur over their eyes so they don't burn or blind) most of the year since we lived in Phoenix and it would get super hot for him. His coat when it was long though was gorgeous!

Beach Bum posted:

I can't stop laughing

I remember it like it was yesterday and it happened over 20 years ago. It still makes me laugh every time. I miss that slobbery dog.