Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BroccoliIntolerant
Oct 24, 2010
I'm sat reading this lot whilst my girl is undergoing emergency surgery, looking at the giant is helping...
So, I think it's about time I shared all my puppies (past and present)
PHOTO HEAVY
My boy Rock AKA Sir Ponsonby Grafton, who's had to put up with all the girls, he's a 4yo Neapolitan X Great Dane

Here's Scarlet, she left me several years ago now, she was a Presa Canario and a whole serious lot of dog

This exquisite specimin is Deedee, she was a rescue Neapolitan Mastiff, with the BIGGEST personality as you can tell by her 'I shall take my tea on the dirt track Jeeves' expression

She died of heartfailure in May we miss her and her jowly humps every, single, day
Here she is surveying her land (she owned the Lake District I'll have you know)

And finally our latest girl who needs thoughts as she's been rushed in for emergency surgery for Bloat tonight (out of surgey and doing ok) the Doodle or Bitch Flaps as we call her, a resuce Neapolitan

Sorry about the size, I'm at work and it won't let me edit them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BroccoliIntolerant
Oct 24, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:smith: I hope things work out for her. Bloat is awful to deal with.

Thank you, we spotted it early and had her on the operating table within 2 hours of the first signs, all gone well, spleen not twisted, heartrate normal and she pooed YAY!!!
Think she's out of the danger zone

Doodle Bitch Flaps the bloat survivor :D

BroccoliIntolerant
Oct 24, 2010

Misanthrope posted:

Awesome news, I'm so paranoid of bloat.

How did it happen?

No idea why it happened last night
She ate as normal, which is pretty slow and she chews every mouthful bless her, she relaxed both before and after her tea, so no excitement and we make sure she eats twice a day and doesn't drink too much at once, so we're doing everything right.
I suppose it's just the chance you take with broad chests

Here she is today in the vets, very snorey and groggy but doing ok, her wound burst this morning (she's a bit of a contortionist) so she's got a belly support on

BroccoliIntolerant
Oct 24, 2010
Well Doodle's stomping around the house like nothing has ever been wrong:D
She's no idea how lucky she was, we are all VERY lucky

On the amusing side of it all, have you ever successfully administered 8ml of (what smells and looks like) cold medicine to a 10 stone dog 3 times a day?
Needless to say, my kitchen walls/ floor/ forehead, have no sign of a cough, chesty or tickly.

Here she is singing with her Dad in the car, back to normal