Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

I have a neutered male English Mastiff named Thor (He was named before that awful movie) and lately he's been fairly territorial. When someone comes to the door he'll just bark and bark even when they get inside the house. When my dad comes over he just kind of growls at him and stays in the other room. Is this a breed trait or just his own personal issues?

Veruca Salt posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel either way. I'll talk to my vet about it, who specializes in Great Danes. We haven't had Sunday spayed yet, since my vet recommended that we do it after her first heat cycle. Have you guys heard of this? Also I've only had little dogs before Sunny... what is a Dane cycle like?

When I had a Dane, they made me wait too. It's was like any other heat cycle from what I've heard but we had to keep her on a tile floor because she was just pouring blood. I don't know if that's a big dog thing or not but it freaked me out at first.

hypoallergenic cat breed fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

They sell doggie diapers at most pet stores, though maybe not in Great Dane size, if you only have carpet in your house. Though I don't know how I'd stop myself from laughing if I ever saw a huge dog in diapers.