Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So while my pup isn't going anywhere north of maybe 50 lbs (tops, if that), he met a 10 month old Great Dane at the Dog Park/Meet Up last weekend. Her name was Cami and she was just about as sweet as she could be with my 15 week old.

(My dog, Linus, is the black one, duh)

And here he is chasing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

mattfl posted:

The g/f made a giant bed for Gracie, but Archer seems to like it too. When we are in our living room Archer usually sits on the couch leaving Gracie no where to sit, so now Gracie can hang in the living room with us and have her own bed.

What kind of design was used there for the bed, if you don't mind me asking?

My wife makes blankets like that on occasion and Linus keeps outgrowing whatever bed we get for him. It'd be a lot nicer to just make one for him instead.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Big dogs can be obnoxious too.

You want to know about Irish Wolfhounds? My neighbor has one (his name is Guinness) and he is gigantic. Like small pony big. If he's looking out their bay window and sees me and Linus as we walk by, he barks just like any other dog, regardless of size, will. He's torn up their backyard something fierce. He was a serious handful during doggy adolescence.

They had to seriously hunker down and concentrate on his training for almost the entire time they've had him because: 1) He's like 110+ pounds and could easily pin a grown human. 2) He's big enough that he'd seriously injure almost any other dog if it got too rough during play. And 3) I'm 260 pounds and my 45-50 pound mutt can give me serious pulls on a walk if he bolts. Imagine what a dog at least twice that size could do to its owner if not properly behaved.

That said, they've done a phenomenal job with him. He loves people coming up to him and petting him. He doesn't pull my neighbor on walks and doesn't play too rough with others. He's sweet but obedient but it's taken a year and a half to get there (so far).

My neighbors also spend a fortune on food alone (they also have a great dane too which doesn't help).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

stuart scott posted:

my dog is very hard to photograph at normal exposures

somewhat easier when shaved

I refuse to believe these are the same dog.

Edit: Happy (belated) Birthday Balen!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Lookit this huge good boy:

https://youtu.be/WThBeu7kjJ4

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Meet Archie, our new Bernese Mountain Dog puppy!

It was a long drive to get him so he was tuckered by the whole ordeal.

His dad was 110 pounds of love and the sweetest thing. Can’t wait to see this little guy grow into his giant paws.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Archie status update: paws are still huge. He gained 15-20 pounds going from 2 months to 3 months old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Archie is loving the warm weather. And is asking for boops.