Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

Daaaaamn that dog is beautiful.

Bear. Its a bear :P That's too big to be a dog hahah.
Seriously, loving AWESOME looking dog, drat he's pimp.
No way the old lady would let me get a dog that big :( Also, what do you use to clean up his poop, hefty-hefty-hefty brand garbage bags? :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

I've always meant to ask about that - is the beef cooked or raw? I assume cooked, but...

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Petey posted:

good dog

That is a bear. And you will never convince me otherwise. Also, gorgeous bear. I would love to meet one (on friendly terms...)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

uptown posted:

:monocle: How could you tell? Is "maturation" a Canadianism?

I will soon! He's having a few days' sleepover at my mom's place - I'm house sitting for my boyfriend and his dog isn't very nice to other dogs, especially rambunctious puppies. He'll be back with me on Saturday, just in time to get loved on. We're having the pre-party to a friend's going-away at my house, and people go crazy for Shanti, even those who aren't "dog people."

A picture to tide you over:

E: Is it my slightly less Canadian "hey" rather than "eh"?

I'm Canadian and proud of it, eh? :P But seriously, I love Shanti. Too bad the g/f doesn't like big dogs :( I would love a newf, they are some of the best dogs.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Oxford Comma posted:

This is fair.

I hope I don't come off as a defensive rear end in a top hat. The handler we hired to work with our GIANT WHITE MYSTERY DOG recommended a Mastiff to us, if we wanted a large dog since they were pretty chill, and not prone to the health problems of a Great Dane. All the other information I've found supports this. So I'm in the position of getting advice from PI that contradicts what I've read/been told everywhere else.

Anecdotal evidence and all, but every mastiff I've met has been a LOT more energetic than the owners thought they would. Its like boxers - they were bred to do a job (in the case of mastiff's, patrol with people and bite dudes). Yes, a lot are fairly low key, but they are BIG, they drool, and they are loving EXPENSIVE to upkeep. I'm going to beat this in like everyone else has - get a nice lab/retriever/something along those lines. They're big but not huge, and other than most lines being walking cancer factories, don't have ~quite~ the prevalence of issues that other breeds can have. Even something like a Bernese/Swiss mountain dog or a Newfie is a better choice, but, once again, large dogs just cost more overall and tend to die younger.