Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Your vets are dicks for not putting the bowl up, dude. There's platforms that'd elevate it right beside her in that picture.

But god drat irish wolfhounds are awesome. :3: That boov looks so confused.

You're wrong. There's not enough compelling evidence suggesting that elevated food dishes prevent torsion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

E: ^^^^ Experience=nothing, I guess.

You're welcome. Feeding a giant breed dog from the ground is stressful for them and risks vomiting, bloat and a good few other things. I don't know a single giant breed breeder who feeds at ground height and if I saw a kennel or vet (or anyone who worked for my vet) feeding my dogs at that height, the dogs would be out ASAP and they wouldn't be back.

So it's just a heads up in case you get to deal with them again in the future. I guess you didn't know or something.

There are actually studies suggesting that raised food INCREASES the risk of GVD. But since you have all the "experience" you must be right. Carry on.