Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Ozzie got to go riding with me again this weekend. He loved it, and had random groups of riders going by yelling "OZZIE!!" all weekend. He's such a ham. Even the rangers from the parks department wanted a picture of him when they were checking permits on the trails.

We found some caves to explore, and poked around in a creek or two, but mostly he just rode in the RZR with me.

He can't quite figure out how we got up there.

Bigger shot of one of the caves.

Is that Arkansas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

This is Ava and DogDog. DogDog (who I think is a lab/pyrenees mix) showed up at my Tennessee home last summer with a badly swollen and infected leg. No collar, very thin, matted coat, flinched at random human movements...The usual for strays around here. He was still sweet and attention starved though, not snappy at all. I shaved the hair around the bad spot on his leg, cleaned it up and disinfected it. I couldn't tell what exactly caused it, small hole surrounded by necrotic tissue. Probably a brown recluse bite, possibly snake bite. Looked like the brown recluse bite I had a few years ago, though. After a couple days he showed no sign of going home, if he had one, so I took him in to the vet. At this point the leg was much better so he just told me to continue on with what I'd been doing. Got some Frontline and Heartguard and took him home with me at the end of summer.

I think he might be partially deaf, and he only flinches now when something sneaks up behind him. Much happier, and everyone seems to love him. I did find out his history later, bad times. Very bad times.

Ava is 6, almost 7. With the average lifespan of Danes being 7 has me thinking about her croaking too often these days. She still jumps and bounces around like a puppy with no stiffness or other signs of age so I bet she has several good years left in her.

Howdy

Goofball

He knows when to sit still and shut up

Look at his new awesome hair

DogDog looks kinda small here, but he weighs 81 pounds. He weighed 60 when he showed up last year. He's still kinda skinny under all the fur though.

DogDog readying to pounce

Found some awesome grass

5 minutes after eating mouthful of awesome grass

Reflecting on the wisdom of eating grass