Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I just found out that this was the giant dog thread. I thought it was horses. Haha. Anyway, my first monster: Dexter, a 8 month old Presa Canario. He's up to 85 pounds so he should be right around 110 when he's mature.

The second monster is Biscuit a lurcher of sorts. She's about 30" at the shoulder and just under 70 pounds. She is so fast its scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Oxford Comma posted:

My wife has finally come to the agreement that a LGD is an exceptionally poor fit for our house, and we are going to have to rehome our Akbash. Fortunately it seems that a sheep farm near Santa Cruz, CA is interested in him.

I've told her that a Mastiff would be a much better fit, since we'd prefer something large, good with kids, and not a barker. She is interested in an Irish Wolfhound, but I'm a little leery of a sighthound. Especially since we have a couple of cats in our house. Anyone know much about Irish Wolfhounds?

Mastiffs bark. They were bred to be guard dogs, they guard.