Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

cstine posted:

Meet Ridley: he's very big.

Also, he spends all day like this:

Six month old rescue Great Dane, 80lb on his way to 200!

Dumped at the wife's work because he had an infection his PO didn't want to pay to get treated, so he ended up here, in the shelter of unwanted animals.

Took Ridley in to work last night for a weight check. According to the approximate date of birth in his records, he's just over 6.5 months old...and weighs in at 94.7 pounds. Moose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
I wish a fast recovery to Doodle. I'm scared to death of bloat, though working in an emergency vet clinic has given me some insight - basically, if you catch it, you're generally going to do fine. Not like the rear end in a top hat who noticed some signs in his standard poodle but couldn't take the dog to the vet in the middle of the superbowl. That one ended up euthanized after the game was over.

I keep a Care Credit card with a $3500 limit in my wallet, mostly for bloat, in case I have to go somewhere that isn't work.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
Guys, I think Ridley was bitten by a radioactive...elephant. He's huge, has laser eyes, and has completely destroyed my deck and everything on it.

...Help?

IMAG0059 by dangermouth, on Flickr

Sorry for the blur. I was running for my life (and haven't figured out how to use my cellphone camera yet).

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Ah, the 'what the gently caress puppy, did you sprout another 10 inches overnight?' phase. They eat everything. Wood is the best tasting stuff ever. Our brand new furniture has gnaw marks from Amy's puppyhood stupidity.

Buy lots of chew toys, find out what he likes, then stock up a shitload of those. Amy was all about stuffed animals with the lamby/wooly type fleece on the fronts.

Chewtoys? He gives no fucks for chew toys. He keeps pulling firewood out from under the deck and decimating it. I wasn't worried about it til he had an accident in his crate and half of it was sawdust!

Please please please don't give yourself an obstruction, dog! (But for everything else, there's CareCredit).

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

RurouNNy posted:

a merle Dane named Oakley and 10 months old (am I right on the coloring?):

Wouldn't Oakley be considered a merlequin? Not being a smartass, I'm fairly new to Danes and mine is a pretty boring (but wonderfully and stupidly) black.