Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Just read through the last 4 pages of this thread and, unless it was mentioned earlier, The Tenant is sorely unrepresented here. Say what you will about Roman Polanski, he can make drat creepy movies. Perfect pacing as the protagonist -- played by Polanski -- moves into a new apartment and things start to get weird. Still not sure what to make of the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

escape artist posted:

What do you guys think of Audition?

I really, really like it just for how much it disturbed me when I saw it. Unfortunately, if you're asking about it that means you probably already have a notion of what the plot is and I think going in blind is by far the best way to see it.

e: and Martyrs was garbage

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 13, 2012

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Servoret posted:

This makes me less excited to see Melancholia. I didn't like the second half of Kill List. I guess I thought it was too inscrutable. But that being said, Wheatley doing High-Rise sounds like it could be fun, since it would give him a solid plot to follow and strong material to work with.

Melancholia is definitely a love it or hate it film. It's as Lars von Trier-y as can be, if that helps. If it doesn't ... well, one of Roger Ebert's favorite quotes (that I can't remember the origin of) is that directors can be divided into two groups: those who like mankind, and those that don't. von Trier definitely falls into the second group. The movie is, at it's core, a study on depression. Not about depression, per se, but a movie that is depression.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Drifter posted:

What are five better movies than triangle? Because I enjoyed the hell out of Triangle, and might be interested in seeing other movies like it that aren't Timecrimes.

I do like Triangle (altho TimeCrimes is better), Plus One (aka +1) is another movie in that vein you might like.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

tenniseveryone posted:

TIMECRIME/TRIANGLE MEGATHREAD

Is +1 any good? I like the concept but it took a while for it to get going and I got tired of the insufferable teens. It felt like I'd been tricked into watching half of Project X.

It's ok. There was a clearly missed opportunity for a clever twist about 2/3 of the way in -- they spend so much time stressing out about how they're the originals and have to defeat the "evil" clones that I was sure they were going to discover a 3rd group of the actual originals, as far ahead in time from them as they themselves were ahead of the third group, and go into the metaphysical crisis that would entail. But nope.

It's reasonably entertaining but nothing you'd ever want to own or rewatch. I'd say it's as entertaining as, say, Saw N, where N is a whole number greater than 1. Good soundtrack!

• Locked thread