Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

She wears underwear with dick-holes in 'em
I guess it's more thriller than psych/horror...

I don't even want to reveal anything because this movie is so awesome.

"A man confesses to an FBI agent his family's story of how his religious fanatic father's visions lead to a series of murders to destroy supposed "demons."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frailty Massive spoilers, obviously.

But seriously, this movie is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Sphere

While this movie doesn't have the greatest reviews, it's one of my cult favorites (not sure of it's "official cult status" but it works for me). The summary pretty much tells it all, no huge surprises. I like it enough to recommend it and to own on blu ray (it's like $8 on amazon.)

I really got into "Sphere" when I saw the beginning of it one day, kept watching on the edge of my seat. Then the jellyfish attack kills Queen Latifah and it just kinda got lame and weird. I did buy the book though to see if it was any better, haven't read it yet. Also your name is awesome.

"An insurance investigator begins discovering that the impact a horror writer's books have on his fans is more than inspirational."

This movie is loving amazing and again I don't want to reveal too much, but I will say that:

Wikipedia posted:

Carpenter considers The Thing to be the first part of his Apocalypse Trilogy, followed by Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness.

I've never seen "The Thing" or "Prince of Darkness" but I've heard very good things about "The Thing", and the other one pretty much has to be good.

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

I just loved the way everything culminated into him watching the movie of what just happened to him and laughing/crying eating popcorn.

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479162/

"Special", starring Michael Rapaport, is the best movies I have watched in years. I would call it a psych thriller, though I may be off with that description. It's available on netflix until midnight tomorrow. Seriously, seriously watch this movie. I would even go so far as to say that it deserves to just be watched with no pre-conceived notions of any kind. Just watch it. You'll thank yourself later for not spoiling it.

tenniseveryone posted:

I'd recommend pretty much everyone watch Under the Skin. Utterly engrossing, beguiling, creepy and disturbing. Slightly Lynchian in places, I wanna say, but that's mainly because it's so drat bizarre and unexplainable.

What year was it made? There are two I can see on netflix.

Dalai Lamacide fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 28, 2014

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

I see, thank you. I have not even heard of it.

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

Zesty Mordant posted:

One thing I can't find any info on though: Especially during the early scenes (perhaps because I became accustomed to it, I don't know) the film looks as if it was shot on video, or at a very high film speed. There's no motion blur and it gives the effect that it was shot in a very amateur way. It was like that effect that dumb people turn on their modern TVs that makes everything look like a soap opera, the "tru motion" setting or whatever. Anyway it sort of looked like poo poo to begin with. Anyone else who has seen this notice this?

I thought I was crazy. I saw this for the first time watching "A time to kill". I kept wondering why such an acclaimed movie had such terrible production values. poo poo looked like "passions". I've seen that several times since, and nobody I bring it up to seems to care. I kind of thought it was lovely that we finally get great quality tvs that can display the detail of new media, and they just look terrible.

Glad to know it's just idiots not knowing stuff, as opposed to having no option to change the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

Not sure about the song. I wouldn't call it mind blowing, but it definitely has some headfuck moments.

• Locked thread