Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

ShadowCatboy posted:

The Hole

Trailer here.

Awesome awesome British film about a girl (who's been missing for a few weeks) is found stumbling through the streets dressed in socks and a filthy coat. Once she's cleaned up and on her gradual way to recovery a psychologist tries talking to her to understand what happened. The girl describes how at school she was involved in a little web of normal schoolgirl drama: a crush on the American student, an old guy friend who has a crush on her that she doesn't feel like she can return, and how he has a plan to bring her and the American dude together (because he's nice like that).

Basically, instead of going on the week-long school field trip she, the American, and another couple of her friends are going to camp out in an old World War II bunker in the woods because that poo poo simply sounds awesome. Until a few days later, when they're supposed to get out, they discover that the hatch is locked.

At first it seems like a standard teenage drama story, or a standard teenage horror flick, but as time goes on we see there are gaps in her memory, pieces of her story that don't quite fit. Little by little a story is revealed of madness, isolation, obsession, and decay. Really awesome.

I saw this years ago on TV randomly....SUPER hosed up. Great film, highly recommend it.

Session 9, also discovered randomly on TV (Thank you TMN), creeped the hell out of me. And gently caress that wheelchair! :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

:cry:

Not a single drop of blood, and I still refuse to watch this again.

• Locked thread