Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

How so? I mean I didn't particularly like that scene, but I don't know in what way it would be "annoying". I could see how it could be offensive, or unrealistic, or really, even stupid...

It's annoying because it breaks the rules of the movie in a huge way.

The whole theme of the movie has been, till that point, small changes have long reaching effects that can not be accurately gauged.

Till the stigmata scene.

He needs this guys help, so to prove himself worthy of it, he decides to give himself stigmata. Ok, whatev, stupid but go on. So he pulls out one of his books, goes back in time and stabs himself in the hands, and WOOSH, back to present day, the guy he was talking to is like 'WHOA BRO' and our hero is like 'Dog I know right'.

This fucks up everything. Ok, A) so the other dude remembers a time when Punk'd DIDN'T have stigmata? and B) You're telling me this kid stabbing himself in the hands doesn't cause some kind of big effect? His life plays out exactly the same?

The scene is all of the things you said, but its annoying too because it destroys the consistency of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Sleep Tight is haunting. Really great film.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

If you were creeped out by the half way mark the ending might make you literally die

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, a lot of the dialog in the film is really really dumb. Its unfortunate because the concept and most of the actual plot and characters are great, but it feels like occasionally someone entirely different wrote everything to do with the book and the physicists brother.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

That makes a lot of sense, considering the worst dialog is all from that one guy.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Snak posted:

Aren't there like 4 movies called Triangle? Which one are we talking about here?

the one with the boat
e; this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Ulio posted:

Ya I already saw Triangle due to this thread a long time ago. Agreed its a blast.

Talking about timetravel movies. There is a time travel thriller that is low budget and it has like 3 roomates who discover a time travel machine.At first they have fun with it and do good stuff but soon poo poo hits the fan. Its actually interesting but I forgot the name. I think someone in this thread recommended it.

Probably time lapse
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2669336/

Its ok, a solid 5/10 film

• Locked thread