Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
daccats
Aug 25, 2007

Levantine posted:

The atmosphere of Silent Hill was the best part about it. It's not a strong film otherwise; the writing is pretty weak and Sean Bean feels really tacked on (love the guy though). The gore in the final act was so absurd it took me out out of the film. It's worth a watch for sure though.

According to IMDB, Sean Bean's character was tacked on.

It's changes like this and the gore ending that make me think film executives really don't understand what made the source material popular to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daccats
Aug 25, 2007

haunted sleep posted:

The book isn't fiction, it's an investigative book by late paranormal researcher John Keel, who was a real guy. The movie is a fictionalized take on the topics covered in the book.

I really enjoyed the movie but the book read like the disjointed ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. I trudged my way through it and wish I hadn't.

• Locked thread