Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starscream
Aug 17, 2000
I really enjoyed Andrzej Zulawski's Possession and found it to be similar to Polanski's Apartment trilogy in that the tension mounts to a nightmarish point before unleashing utter insanity on you. Sam Neill gives a laughably histrionic performance and Isabelle Adjani is just gorgeous!

Avoid the 80-minute version and look for the 2 hour uncut version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

I've been asking for these for a while, but: Can anyone suggest me some Docudramas?
Sci-fi, horror, or thriller docudramas.

Let me clarify on this. I'm not talking found-footage, because found footage tend to be very raw, mimicking an unedited format.

I'm talking docudrama, where there's an awareness to the editing. Basically a mockumentary, but not played for laughs or irony. A film that uses the narrative structure of a documentary, which will then include found-footage or interview footage within it's structure.

I know that's a bit specific, but I really love these.

Hmmm how about Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon? or the way Pontypool is filmed might appeal to you. Both are firmly in the horror genre.

• Locked thread