Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

These Loving Eyes posted:

This thread is just the thing I've been looking for! Sadly, the first movie I watched based on your recommendations was Frailty and my god, that movie could've been so much better. I said to my girlfriend around 20 minutes in that I hope the FBI agent isn't on the demon list and getting himself "destroyed" soon - that would be so cliche. The movie seemed quite captivating until the whole "BUT THEY'RE GOD'S WARRIORS AFTER ALL" part :(.

That was the best part though! You spend the whole movie thinking that A) this is the brother who didn't buy into it and B) the dad was loving insane, and then both of those things are flipped on you in the last five minutes.

I really, really love Frailty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FourLeaf posted:

^^^^Exactly, thank you :)

You're not supposed to have that reaction to Hostel. At all. Ever. There's nothing remotely good about any of the Elite Hunting people. They're just rich assholes paying shitloads of money to torture and murder people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh I knew that. I just appreciate the lack of the restraint on the show, because it would have been easier to do a very conservative slow burn. But every single episode goes for every crazy idea it can think of - it's not just a horror story, it's a horror universe.

That's one of the things that really caught my eye about it. Everything is hurled at you at once, at full speed, and about the time you wrap your head around it there's even more poo poo flying at you.

I knew this show was going to be incredible about the time the maid is simultaneously an old woman and smoking hot and whatshisname the father is just straight jerking it to her and you see his o-face. You have no idea what's going on or why but holy hell it's entertaining.

• Locked thread