Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Great thread. I used to think I hated horror, but then I realized I only hated slashers and gorenography -- psychological horror and thrillers I love. Okay, and paranoia-fueled Gothic costume dramas; I'm probably the only fan of the Coppola version of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Forget Keanu, the way Oldman's shadow had a life of its own was creepy as hell. If you're interested in body horror, check out half of Cronenberg's filmography: The Fly(1986), EXistenZ -- mentioned earlier in the thread, but enough can't be said about the themes of sexual fears and transmitted disease, The Brood, Videodrome, and Naked Lunch which could merit its own write-up.

David Fincher's The Game is more about straight-up paranoia. A rich investment banker approaches his 48th birthday, the same age his father committed suicide. What does his younger brother get for the depressed man who has everything? An invitation to play The Game -- a mysterious offering with no rules, no boundaries, and no clues as to who's in on it or not. He finds himself caught in The Game before he even knows it's begun.

On a semi-related note, I really wish Bravo would re-air their Scariest Movie Moments marathons on Halloween again. :( If it hadn't been for that I never would have seen Jacob's Ladder or Susperia.

echoplex posted:

Someone posted the cover of the Sorcerer soundtrack they had on vinyl, which was this image:

That's an incredibly captivating, intriguing image. I imagine the film is probably rubbish. But it's that bait-and-switch that got me watching a lot of terrible films (like The Keep).
What is it about this image? I saw a version with red text and I just couldn't stop looking at it, and eventually ended up saving it to my computer despite having no idea what the movie or album was about (and still not really knowing). A truck by a flooded river in the rain, big whoop, but it's mesmerizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread