Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harry fontana
Feb 20, 2008

by T. Mascis

This movie is based on a short story which was also the inspiration for a twilight zone episode.

Anyways, the premise is that a couple in financial trouble gets a box with a red button in it. If they press the button they get a million dollars.
The catch? Someone who they don't know will die if they press the button.

A slow paced movie which goes really weird places, then takes a turn for the weird and becomes really unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harry fontana
Feb 20, 2008

by T. Mascis
Yeah, same here.

Actually I saw it only a couple months ago after browsing the internet for some sci-fi-ish films I hadn't seen yet. For some reason this never showed up on my radar when it was released which is a shame, would've loved this on the big screen.

and oh boy that facial disfigurement :gonk:

harry fontana fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 3, 2011

harry fontana
Feb 20, 2008

by T. Mascis

Sauce Mop posted:

Watch this parody called "The Button", it's especially hilarious just after seeing the movie.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/44b3d8f432/the-button

Hahaha, nice!

Edit: I just watched the trailer for this on youtube which is really horrible:
1. gives too much away
2. makes it seem like some kind of action movie
3. uses something sounding suspiciously like the "saw" theme

So these are probably the reasons I didn't watch it in a theatre back in 2009. Really why don't they market films for what they are? People who would've loved this don't go to see it and people who came with expectations set by that trailer would've been disappointed. Hollywood, I guess.

BTW it's the same director who made Donnie Darko.

It also has some morons going on in the youtube comments how they have read all the "books" before seeing the movie, and they changed way too much from the "books" while it is based on a loving short story. Jesus Christ.

harry fontana fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 4, 2011

• Locked thread