Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Crisco Kid posted:

David Fincher's The Game is more about straight-up paranoia. A rich investment banker approaches his 48th birthday, the same age his father committed suicide. What does his younger brother get for the depressed man who has everything? An invitation to play The Game -- a mysterious offering with no rules, no boundaries, and no clues as to who's in on it or not. He finds himself caught in The Game before he even knows it's begun.

Thanks for the recommendation! Just finished watching this and I'm still feeling a little tense.

I really liked the entire film, but (concerning the end) I feel that it was somewhat implausible, and very strange. An experience that would drive him to suicide would most likely have a drastic impact on his psyche. I can't imagine coming out of that and not being hosed in some way, much less being perfectly ok with it like he was.

Overall, though, it was a fantastic film. Surprised to see Fincher's name, further cementing him as one of my favorite directors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread