Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
THE INTERVIEW

The Interview is a claustrophobic and intense psychological thriller, and the film that really cemented my opinion that Hugo Weaving is an amazing actor. Most of the film takes place in a small interview room, where an accused man (Weaving) and a police detective (Tony Martin) engage in a psychological chess game. The dialog and the acting from the two leads are both fantastic, and the sparse supporting cast keeps the film focused and tense. It's sort of like a darker, more intimate variant of 12 Angry Men. Hugo Weaving can communicate a page of dialogue with a raised eyebrow or a twitch of the lips, he's just superb. I don't want to say too much about the plot, just watch it if you love films about mind games or with two main characters engaged in a verbal battle of wits.

I wish our (Australia's) cinema industry would produce more films like this one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Watched Triangle and Kairo thanks to this thread. Triangle was really good, it's quite unpredictable and at times shocking. So did Jess lose her memory when she slept on the boat, as she's in shock at the boat harbour (obviously having just killed her past self and her son) but she seems to lose that memory in time for the storm to hit and the cycle to begin again. It was really effective, Sally crawling into the huge pile of clones to die was incredibly creepy and disturbing. The plot reminds me of Primer, in that you want to watch through it again to see every scene in the light of the knowledge that you get later in the film. Definitely not as insanely complicated as Primer's timeline though! I also see the comparisons to Timecrimes, but the plot and tone are completely different.

Kairo was pretty interesting, I had a little trouble following exactly what was going on but that may just be because the characters in the film don't have any idea what's going on either! While I wouldn't call it scary, it was definitely very creepy. The feeling of despair that permeates the whole film really starts to get to you after a while too.

• Locked thread