Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
^^^This reminded me of an Italian film from 2004:

(aka I'm Not Scared)

quote:

Michele Amitrano is a true country bambino: cute as an angel, curious and enterprising as a rascal and means everything to his parents. Father Pino Amitrano is a truck driver, and is often away. Even when he's at home he deals with dodgy villagers and other friends, while mother Anna spoils his useless kid sister Maria rotten. Michele is mostly left doing his sister's chores, getting either of them out of trouble, roaming the sparsely populated grain lands on his bicycle and playing with local kids, which often means minor trouble. One day after a dare leads the mildly mischievous gang to a ruined house, he returns alone to retrieve the glasses that his sister had left behind. Michele accidentally finds a deep hole outside, beneath a metal cover, and sees a boy's bare foot under a blanket inside....

The film creates an amazingly tense and creepy atmosphere for a story that is not about supernatural elements. I thought for sure that little boy would be, like, a zombie child or something, but the reality is actually more grim.

(I'm glad to see there are a few Laird Cregar fans here. If you haven't already seen it, he's fantastic in the noir film, I Wake Up Screaming, playing a pathologically obsessed detective.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread