Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

oiseaux morts 1994 posted:

Ahhh poo poo, goons, I forgot about Tarkovsky!! fire up your blunts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfowVslQBQk
Near a gray and unnamed city is the Zone, an alien place guarded by barbed wire and soldiers. Over his wife's numerous objections, a man rises in the dead of night: he's a stalker, one of a handful who have the mental gifts (and who risk imprisonment) to lead people into the Zone to the Room, a place where one's secret hopes come true. That night, he takes two people into the Zone: a popular writer who is burned out, cynical, and questioning his genius; and a quiet scientist more concerned about his knapsack than the journey. In the deserted Zone, the approach to the Room must be indirect. As they draw near, the rules seem to change and the stalker faces a crisis.

I'm at work right now and can't see pictures or video, what movie is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

FourLeaf posted:

Here's another decent psych thriller/horror movie:

The Butterfly Effect: A college student whose childhood was filled with traumatic experiences finds he has the ability to go back in time. He tries to use his new power to fix the lives of his friends and family but only succeeds in unwittingly creating new, terrible problems (hence the title).

To anyone watching this movie, please note that there are two endings: The director's cut ending was creepy and disturbing in a way I really didn't see coming and I believe was taken out due to test audience feedback (This was also the ending I saw first). The theatrical ending, comparatively, is toothless and dull as dishwater and not really challenging on any level. Disturbing as I found it, the Director's cut ending is probably the better of the two.

I like the story overall, but I'm a sucker for any kind of decent time travel movie. The time travel gimmick borders on magic, but once you get past that, the movie becomes much more entertaining.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

NGL posted:

I tend to agree, but the prison stigmata bit was really annoying to me.

How so? I mean I didn't particularly like that scene, but I don't know in what way it would be "annoying". I could see how it could be offensive, or unrealistic, or really, even stupid...

• Locked thread