Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The first part of Martyrs work pretty well as a psychological thriller. Then you reach the second part where all the cult members appear and suddenly it becomes both incredibly stupid and gory. The plot is literally written just for the gore factor. In order to discover what the afterlife is, crazy people need to repeatedly torture and skin a girl alive so that she can be put under as much torment as possible to have the eyes to see what lies on the other side. There is no pay off, no suspense, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

lizardman posted:

^^ Speaking of which, Rings is scheduled for release in two months and we haven't seen so much as a teaser poster for it. I can't imagine it's going to make it out this year, let alone for that release date.

I hope they have the weird grasshopper Sadakos like in one of the more recent sequels

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The posters are accurate, because the movie's a comedy.

the biggest comedy is that Unfriended really does feature a ghost, rather than some psychopath screwing with them

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vulpes posted:

I didn't really. It was formulaic and cliche, and the climax was telegraphed from about five minutes in. It was well polished and decently acted (and I'm definitely 'not gay' for Michael Huisman), but extremely forgettable, not to mention a severe case of why don't people just leave. Props for a race, gender and orientation diverse cast, though.

Didn't someone just left and it was heavily implied she got murdered?

• Locked thread