Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Insomnia, starring Al Pacino, Hillary Swank, and Robin Williams. Really, really great crime thriller with strong psychological leanings.

Also the best Carpenter movie is They Live. Yeah, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Crackerman posted:

Um. I don't know how to break this to you.

I've always thought the film was okay though, it's just a bit flat. It has some great creepy moments like the aforementioned "chapstick" scene and the great moment where Gere slams a wardrobe door with a mirror and the door bounces back and briefly shows a reflection of someone on the other side of the room. It's worth a watch if you don't expect a classic or anything.

I been looking for this scene for a while. Any idea what I could search for to get a clip? (the spoilered one)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

I'd argue (as posted above) the neighbour threesome thing is a bit stark and potentially upsetting (is she underage? I can't remember if the film gave her age or not), but there's no violence.

In regards to spoiler two: I believe it was stated at the beginning of the film that she was 17 so yeah pretty uncomfortable

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Session 9: The voicework in the creepy tapes is really well done. I don't think I've heard a voice just plain creep me out so much until the baby monitor scene in Insidious. Indrid Cold from the Mothman Prophesies creeped me out too.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I just saw 10 Cloverfield Lane, and I think it fits the bill of a thriller/horror/suspense movie. I really enjoyed it. Obviously, do not seek spoilers.

• Locked thread