Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the silly otherworld parts in Insidious. The movie was plenty silly before that part, what with the gasmask seance and what not. However it just goes off the rails in a wonderful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

InfiniteZero posted:

Last Year at Marienbad would have been so much better if every scene ended with the guy from Pieces revving a chainsaw behind some trees to offset the non-horrific parts.

This but unironically.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have yet to see The Invitation but am I right in my understanding that it basically a mumblecore/horror The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie or Exterminating Angel where a bunch of upper-middle class assholes attempt to have a proper and civilized dinner but things go horribly wrong?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Who are you arguing with?

Them :mason: :tinfoil:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The twist in The Conjuring 2 where it turns out the ghost is an unwilling puppet of the demonic force who doesn't actually want to haunt the family. is pretty neat but on the whole the first film is a lot stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

One thing I appreciate about the Conjuring films is that they don't shy away from the implication that if there are demons then there is probably a God. At times they almost feel like Christian films with the Warren's questioning the family about whether the children are baptized and what not. I feel like too many films try to avoid the implication, probably out of fear of being perceived as being religious films but the Conjuring films seem to operate on the idea that Christianity is 100% correct and there are actually demons trying to corrupt and destroy us. Which is admittedly skeevy and silly as all hell but it all makes sense within the films themselves.

I know the screenwriters are religious but is Wan himself a Christian?

• Locked thread