Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Promethea
May 22, 2010

"The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel.
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides.

And a dark wind blows."
I suggest The Innocents, the 1961 adaptation of The turn of the screw by Henry James.

It's about a Victorian governess who comes to believe the young children she looks after have become possessed by the malevolent spirits of a dead cad and his deceased, wimpy girlfriend (who was also the previous governess).

It's one of the most beautiful looking horror films, full of gorgeous black and white cinematography. But it has more than just good looks - this film is seriously creepy once it gets going. I still get chills from the scene with the little girl down by the lake and in fact got a shiver up my neck just typing this.

One of those films where you can read the whole story in two entirely different ways. Both are equally chilling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethea
May 22, 2010

"The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel.
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides.

And a dark wind blows."
It worked for me. The Changeling is the only horror film I ever just turned off after about twenty minutes because I flat out decided it was going to be too frightening :ohdear:

• Locked thread