Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

MagnumOpus posted:

If your team balked at Kill List then maybe Session 9 is not for them. It is also a slow burn psychological thriller.
FWIW, I hated Kill List, but Session 9 is one of my favourites and I like it just as much on every rewatch.

I think it's less about it being a slow burn and more about if the characters and atmosphere click with you. I could buy Session 9 characters as real people and thought atmosphere was top notch and haunting, Kill List just seemed disjointed and there was something about the writing/acting that reminded me more of a student film. Probably doesn't help that I live in England and half the cast sounded like they're from Coronation Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Snak posted:

I'm in the minority, but I think The Game is a terrible movie. And I like both Michael Douglas and David Fincher.

Been a while since I watched it, but I remember having a similar impression.

Seconding (thirding?) Triangle though.

• Locked thread