Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
What's with all the Cthulhu hate? I found it to be a good indie flick, very Lovecraftian in tone. Anyways, here are some movies that I added to my queue:

Santa Sangre

netflix posted:

When his mother, Concha (Blanca Guerra), catches his father, Orgo (Guy Stockwell), philandering with a tatooted woman, she pours acid on him, after which he chops off her arms and kills himself. Now, she exists as a vengeful circus performer. The situation leaves their son, Fenix (Axel Jodorowsky), severely disturbed and in the care of a mental hospital. Alejandro Jodorowsky directs and co-writes this intense, hallucination-filled thriller.

Sisters

netflix posted:

Reporter Grace Collier (Jennifer Salt) sees model Danielle Breton (Margot Kidder) commit murder in the apartment across the way and promptly alerts the police -- who find no corpse or other evidence of the crime, forcing Grace to crack the case on her own. She teams with private eye Joseph Larch (Charles Durning), with the trail leading to Danielle's once-conjoined twin and a creepy mental asylum in director Brian De Palma's disturbing shocker.

eXistenZ

netflix posted:

Allegra Geller (Jennifer Jason Leigh), the world's leading designer of virtual reality games, is testing a new prototype when an assassin wielding a daunting organic weapon attacks her. She survives the assault with help from her marketing assistant turned bodyguard (Jude Law). But she'll need to "portal" into her own game to get to the bottom of the intrigue. David Cronenberg directs this mind-bending action-adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Yes, that movie would be classified as a Thriller, so it fits.

• Locked thread