Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Insidious fell apart for me in the third act and I didn't like how the sequel followed in that direction, I think I would've enjoyed it more had it been kinda goofy from the word go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Horns was one of those weird movies where I felt like it was only half an hour long when I finished it. Plus it's obvious who killed his wife but I think in the book there are chapters from his perspective so it's no surprise there either.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Pretty much the second half of movie. Really enjoyed the first half though.

yup.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

People actually liked Insidious? what

it seems fairly popular around here. i was even more soured on it because i went to bed after all the scary stuff then watched the stupid goofy half the next day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's extremely good. There's nothing in the first half that doesn't set up the second half, there's no grim, realistic tone that it abandons.

nah sorry even if you liked the movie the two parts are totally different. at least the sequels are consistent with the second half.

i think i'd have no problem if it was like that throughout but the first half is unnerving (even with a little boy ghost dancing to Tiny Tim) and the second half just gets a little goofy/cheesy.

and there are movies about ghosts that are scary and not goofy at all!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it isn't goofy due to context. the devil is goofy even in context.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spikeguy posted:

I caught It Follows finally for my birthday, and my wife and I really enjoyed it. She had trouble sleeping that night. To me, it was very creepy, and I felt like something was going to happen at any time. The only downside was that it comes off as one of those heavy metaphor movies where what's happening isn't exactly about what's happening but what's it's supposed to represent.

i just watched it follows and it rules.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spikeguy posted:

Definitely recommend it. The soundtrack may be my favorite thing about it.

this obnoxiously nerdy guy i work with (the kind of dude who fills his cubes with those big headed dolls of batman and other comic book things) talked about how it was terrible after he saw it and i knew it was gonna be good cuz he's the type of guy that thinks horror is all blood and guts and poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

to me the terror of the scene is the guy seeing what happens and knowing what's to befall him and having no escape.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's fairly obvious from the trailer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's actually a really good time for such a movie to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

key and peele was probably the best sketch show ever so i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ulio posted:

Basically white people want to enslave black people. I don't think racism today has anything to do with that and more about class divide in some states.

why do you think such a class divide exists.

• Locked thread