Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Annabelle: Creation premiered at the LA film festival to overwhelmingly positive reviews. Apparently the narrative, jumps, and characters are all top notch. I'm really stoked for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Apparently the Crooked Man from the Conjuring 2 is getting his own film. :dance:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Basebf555 posted:

I saw The Conjuring 2 for the first time last week and I really just don't get what makes these movies so popular. They're competently made, and entertaining enough for a lazy Sunday, sure. But how they ended up making hundreds of millions is baffling to me, they're just so average. I guess one of the biggest things is Wilson and Farminga, the chemistry they have is very good.

I think you nailed it 1) competently made and 2) the chemistry between Wilson and Farminga.

James Wan knows how to make incredibly creepy shots and jump scares, too. I'll see The Nun and The Crooked Man when they come out as well.

• Locked thread