Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Just finished Kill List on this thread's recommendation...

:stare:

Can someone give their take on it? I mean, I get that it's essentially a hitman movie filmed like a horror movie. Very clever, very well made, very unsettling... Can someone walk me thru their interpretation of what the titular list was all about and what they think the ending meant? The film obviously dealt heavily with themes of religion and class, I sort of took the list to be an "initiation" of sorts. As in, the main character had to put a bullet in his country's Religion, in its Vices, in its Elite, and finally in his own family to be crowned some sort of Neitzchean ubermensch. I'm just curious as to what everyone else got out of it, besides it being just a very well crafted thriller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

toiletbrush posted:

I was really excited to see BSS and saw it on DVD the first time, by myself, and sort of enjoyed it and sort of liked the way it ended, but felt like I didn't 'get' it and it left me totally empty.

Same here. I love the technique that went into it, but as a cohesive cinema experience, it was really missing something for me

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Ulio posted:

But a dark comedy ultimately has a meaningful premise or message it wants to deliver. What is this movie about? Racism? Cults? If it is on racism that has to be the most cartoonish look on racism ever. Basically white people want to enslave black people. I don't think racism today has anything to do with that and more about class divide in some states.

Well I am no expert on modern day Racism issues in US but this movie doesn't seem good at all. If it was suppose to be a suspenseful/thriller type movie they ruined all the plot in the trailer. Imagine Se7en's trailer showing the box scene and Kevin Spacey as the bad guy basically the trailer for this movie ruined what this type of movie was going for.

Whoops it was one of the best horror/thrillers of the last decade!

• Locked thread