Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Craig Spradlin posted:

I'd also forgotten about Fallen, a moody, tense supernatural possession film with a great cast (Denzel Washington, John Goodman, James Gandolfini) and a sense of unease and paranoia delivered with minimal gore.

One of my all time favorites and I believe Denzel's finest film. The villain was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mouser.. posted:

Just caught this on demand and figured I'd give it a recommendation:

It's a found footage film and you can take what you will from that. I'll recommend the movie by comparing it to Apollo 18. Wait! Wait! I'll explain, the one thing that Apollo 18 did that I really geeked out about was giving the general vibe that you were actually witnessing a moon mission through found footage. This movie gives that same super-science vibe about a mission to Europa. Everything in it feels plausible which is the most important thing about a movie like this to me. The characters in it aren't just dummies that get offed by moonspiders, even if the trailer unfortunately makes it look like that. You can watch on demand now or it'll get released to (probably limited) theaters in August.

Just the cover unsettles me. I have a fear of massive objects in space (if that can be an official fear), so close-up images of places like Jupiter always make me freak a little. I could just imagine what the hell Jupiter would look like from that close. AHH

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Popcorn posted:

I dunno, you'd only have to look beneath your feet and you'd scream.

Earth is fine, it's the things that make Earth look tiny that bring out the heebie jeebies. I think I'll watch that movie just to freak myself out.

• Locked thread