Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MAXIMUM SWEAT posted:

I thought The Hole was awful. It end plays out like the movie is revealing to you what happened but by that point you've either figured it out yourself or are mentally challenged because they just about literally spell it out to you as the movie goes on. It's played out like theres some sort of huge plot reveal that she's really the killer. Maybe they were trying to show how manipulative she could be to the female cop but the whole movie was about how manipulative she is. Was redundant.

I really liked The Broken, it has some genuine scares that creep up on you because of how slow the movie is. The After Dark collections are usually some SyFy campy junk but this one was good. The only thing I didn't understand was the end where its like everyone is a shadow person and they're afraid of her for some reason? That kid just looks at her and books it? Then she cruises off in her car with a smile.

RE: The Broken

The kid is her brother that she warned earlier about the doubles, before she realized who (what) she was. He walks into the hall trying to pretend he has no emotions to gauge her reaction. Her gleeful smirk is her way of calling bullshit on his facade. He panics. .

I though The Broken was good, but that ending was one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I love Dead Man's Shoes but at no point does it qualify as horror. It's a reasonably straight-forward revenge flick.

• Locked thread