Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kairo (or as its also known Pulse) is an interesting horror movie in just how nihilistic it is. The ghosts can't be fought or stopped. There are really only two options, you kill yourself or give in to the despair. Another thing is how nobody in the movie has any answers as to what's going on. A couple of the character have theories but the film doesn't present these as correct.

Whatever you do avoid the American remake as it is chock full of missteps, including a bizarre scene where Brad Dourif appears out of nowhere and explains exactly what's going on and what the main characters can do to survive. While the Japanese version used computers and the internet as a metaphor of how technology alienates us, the American version goes with the much simpler "Ghosts are haunting the internet!"

This article sums up stuff better than I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

echoplex posted:

Someone posted the cover of the Sorcerer soundtrack they had on vinyl, which was this image:

That's an incredibly captivating, intriguing image. I imagine the film is probably rubbish. But it's that bait-and-switch that got me watching a lot of terrible films (like The Keep).

Speaking of "bait and switch" and Sorcerer the movie is most known for a disastrous theater run. The problem being that it was the next film by the director of The Exorcist, called Sorcerer but wasn't occult related at all. Theaters also had to print notices letting people know that despite the opening of the film being in a foreign language the rest of the film was in English.

• Locked thread