Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

If you're talking about Prince of Darkness, the most disturbing parts to me are those scenes shot on grainy digital video that are supposedly transmissions from the future. That soft, static whisper of a voice that's telling you what's going on coupled with seeing that figure in the church doors...yikes. It's really disturbing.

I normally like Carpenter a lot, but I thought Prince of Darkness was pure wasted potential. Like there are a ton of great ideas, but it's shockingly poorly executed. On paper, it's a fantastic story though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

SirMonkeyButt posted:

I don't know if it fits in here perfectly, but I recently rediscovered this (obscure?) Clive Barker mid-90's masterpiece, Lord of Illusions, and figured it might have a receptive audience in this bunch. It's more occult magic themed, with Scott Bakula starring as a New York private eye thrown into the middle of a conflict between a cult and super-powered magicians.

As a kid, I saw Lord of Illusions on TV twice and it really affected me, to the extent that despite having really fond memories of the movie I almost don't want to watch it again because I have a feeling it won't live up to that memory. I remember it as a very strange, bleak, unpredictable film, and it enkindled in me a love of dark occultism and urban fantasy-horror in fiction.

edit: hey whats the best version of this movie, the theatrical cut or the director's cut?

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 19, 2015

• Locked thread