Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Horns posted:

I like In the Mouth of Madness, but something about it is just... off. While it can be almost unnerving at times and the acting is solid, it's never genuinely scary, and often kind of silly. The finale is amazing and definitely worth watching the whole thing, though.

"Haunted by recent events and on the run, a man finds himself at a seemingly derelict radio station and like the station's only inhabitant must ask himself whether it is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

A creepy-as-poo poo short film directed by the producer/director/editor of a TON of making-of/background documentaries for DVD releases. This guy's worked on DVD special features stuff for everything from The Fly to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Don't think for a second that that stops him from making effective original psychological horror though, AM 1200 is still an incredibly tense and well-acted film.

Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to find. Best (legal) place I know of is the official site: http://am1200.com/

I watched this the other day and thought it was great. I really had no idea where it was going, and thought the ending was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

weekly font posted:

no no no no no

Both Cube sequels are completely terrible, especially Zero.

Watched Lady in Black yesterday for the first time. Enjoyed it but I hope they change a ton of stuff up for the remake, including the ending, or it's just not going to be that interesting.

The first Cube was awful too. The acting and dialogue were terrible.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Evan Montegarde posted:

I watched this last night. Wasn't too impressed, the final twist was pretty unexpected though and I thought the ending was good enough.

It suffered from lacking any kind of interesting horror device; the creatures were transplanted straight out of The Descent and the idea of "Pandorum" wasn't fleshed out enough to carry the story.

Yeah, it was alright for a free streaming movie on Netflix. It also suffered from the only female character being the love interest for the main character and the only Asian character knowing martial arts.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Sometimes I feel like the only one who didn't care at all for Session 9. :smith:

Nope, I thought it was pretty bland to be honest.

• Locked thread