Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sexy Flanders posted:

I'm starting a beginners kendo class tonight and would love any advice or pointers people might have.

Tape up your left foot tomorrow morning.

Also, I have the same question, except for judo. What should I expect? How much should my joints hurt the next day?

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also, just to check, glasses are a bad idea with judo, right? Like I shouldn't be wearing them?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What the hell is Shuai Chiao? We have a club on campus, and I'm all over new experiences and what not. I've never seen or heard of it before. After some googling, I see that it's like Chinese wrestling? Is this correct??

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it normal for a judo instructor not teaching you to break fall before being thrown? Because that happened to me at my last judo class. Is this standard?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I told the guy and he said that in Judo "we learn by doing." And then a black belt yelled at me for landing wrong.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

After quitting for 6 months because of too much school stress, I'm going back to kendo. Any tips for someone whose knees hurt a lot when sitting seiza? We had to sit like that for 15 minutes at a time, and I couldn't do it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yes. The fact that they're an actual group of dudes who take "Dog names" once they join makes it ever better.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I read on Bullshido that if you train tae kwon do you will blow your knees out. How true is this

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm starting back up in judo after a few years of being away, get hype

For fun, I signed up for the taekwondo club at my university, and it's WTF certified. Are any of you familiar taekwondo and the WTF style? What is a normal class like?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What is the difference between Kyokushin and Shotokan karate?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does this place look legit or should I stay away

http://www.okku.webs.com/

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Get in a street fight against multiple people and report your findings

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*