Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoosetsu
May 17, 2012

God knows what he's doin'
He wrote this book here and the book says, "He made us all to be just like him"
So, if we're dumb, then god is dumb and maybe even a little ugly on the side
F.Z.
I did some ju-jitsu (not Brazilian, but plain ol' ju) a few years back. I worked up until green belt, but had my elbow bent in the wrong direction during a training session with a first Dan black belt going for his second dan . There were 5 more minutes to go in the training when it happened. I was too tired and that's one of the reasons why it happened. The other reason was maybe a little too enthousiastic black belt that liked working with me (called me a bull, because i was difficult to get me in the desired locks if it was badly performed... and my corpulance was surely also a good reason). But anyway... i really adored this sport, because it was physical, efficient, challenging and gracious. But, you have to like the pain that comes with the articulations locks.
In short, it's all about immobilizing the attacker by using his own phisical strenghth and body by forcing the articulations in the opposite positions as they were created for.
Nice thing to this sport was : there is no competition. It's not aggressive or attacking. It's about defence when all other attempts to calm down the attacker or fleeing the fight have failed.

Yoosetsu fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread