Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Smellrose

Brain Curry posted:

I use nzbhydra, which supports multiple indexers and has api limits per indexer. I believe it’s been superseded by a new tool with an *arr name, and someone will probably post that info shortly.

Motronic posted:

Prowlarr

It also pushes all the indexer settings to your other (some not all) *arrs

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

If you're using Prowlarr/Hydra, just make sure you enable the "Redirect" setting (for Prowlarr, can't remember what the Hydra equivalent is) when adding indexers. Some of them are a pain in the rear end and will disable your account if you don't so it saves a headache getting in touch with the site admin and hoping they'll re-enable it.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Which ones need that? I have geek and nzb su and it seems I've never enabled the redirect option and also never had issues

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Same. I'm also curious because I just did some spot checks and I don't have that enabled on any of them. Maybe that's a "used to happen, everybody's fixed it now because of Prowlarr" thing?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Smellrose
Thanks again for the prowlarr suggestion! I got it all setup and everybody seems happy. What exactly happens when you hit your API limit? Does Prowlarr just ignore any requests until the next day? I assume anything missing will be detected as such the next time an automatic sync happens?

Tornhelm posted:

If you're using Prowlarr/Hydra, just make sure you enable the "Redirect" setting (for Prowlarr, can't remember what the Hydra equivalent is) when adding indexers. Some of them are a pain in the rear end and will disable your account if you don't so it saves a headache getting in touch with the site admin and hoping they'll re-enable it.

thank you!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Motronic posted:

Same. I'm also curious because I just did some spot checks and I don't have that enabled on any of them. Maybe that's a "used to happen, everybody's fixed it now because of Prowlarr" thing?
AFAIK the big one that does this is one of the "don't mention our name in public or we'll ban you" ones.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Well poo poo, now I want to know what it is.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You are not IN the club sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

wolrah posted:

AFAIK the big one that does this is one of the "don't mention our name in public or we'll ban you" ones.

I had to laugh when I found out you weren’t supposed to talk about OMG. It’s like, you decided that a bit late guys, you’re not one of the hidden sites that implemented that from the word go (and generally stay off people’s publicly discussed lists because of that).