Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tofufish
Jan 3, 2007
:D

Tricky Ed posted:

So I found my install of Agent from like 1998, and whaddaya know, it works. I've been using sanzbd and NZB.su for the past few months and like it, but when I fired up Agent I found there are some groups in there that are still active that aren't indexed by NZB.su.

Since I'd really not use Agent any more, is there some other way for me to crawl specific groups and generate NZB data from them? Am I basically asking someone to tell me how to make my own indexer?

E: Apparently there is still an Agent, and this one that's five major revisions past mine knows what NZBs are. I may investigate that further if I can't figure out what I'm trying to do otherwise.

Run your own indexer. You may need to write your own regexes for this group though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofufish
Jan 3, 2007

Murodese posted:

Running my own indexer and boy howdy does it take a long time to index everything :geno:

Assuming you're using nn+, you can import a large zip of nzbs to save scraping it all yourself. Just jump on their IRC and ask around.

tofufish
Jan 3, 2007

Ingram posted:

NZBs.org seems frozen at the moment the usual NZB uploads aren't up yet.

Does anyone know what you need to do to get rights to upload on NZBs?

You cannot upload NZBs directory to that website or any other website running newznab. The software reads headers posted to Usenet and uses regex to categorize them into releases. It is a completely automated process.

As to your problem, the site should be up to date shortly.

tofufish
Jan 3, 2007
The main site will never open for registrations in its current form. There is currently a beta which may someday be open, but don't get your hopes up. NZB.su runs off newznab so they're basically the same.